Steve Hyatt joined Berger Commercial Realty Corp. in 2009 as Senior Vice President. He is primarily responsible for investment sales, land brokerage, and acquisition/disposition services for both corporate clients and private investors. Steve has extensive transaction experience in landlord and tenant representation, as well as build-to-suit and speculative project development. These combined skills allow him to play a key role in the successful valuation, positioning and marketing of multiple assets on behalf of national and local clients.
A native of South Florida, Steve has strong market knowledge and executive level contacts in the real estate, banking and automotive industries. Prior to joining Berger Commercial Realty, he was Vice President of Corporate Development at AutoNation, Inc., a Fortune 500 automotive retailer based in Fort Lauderdale. At AutoNation, Steve was responsible for the acquisition and disposition of more than 175 automobile dealerships in 17 states with an aggregate purchase price in excess of $3 billion. Steve has held senior executive positions in brokerage, development and asset management for well-known commercial real estate companies such as Stiles Corporation and The Galbreath Company (now Jones Lang LaSalle). He began his career with Coldwell Banker Commercial Group (now CBRE) in 1985.
- State of Florida – Licensed Real Estate Broker since 1985
- NAIOP- Member and Past Board Director, South Florida Chapter
- CoStar Power Broker Multi-Year Winner
- Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM)- Candidate
- Leadership Broward Class XIII
- Jack and Jill Children’s Center- Executive Board Member
- Community Foundation of Broward- past Board Member and Treasurer
- Wake Forest Club of South Florida- Past President
- Wake Forest Alumni Council
Mr. Hyatt earned his Bachelor’s degree from Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. He has completed additional coursework in real estate appraisal through the Appraisal Institute and is currently a Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM)candidate, having completed the financial, market and decision analysis portions of the designation.